the ultimate fantasy: The Whistler Peacock room


Posted by PicasaDoes anyone else feel the way I do about Whistler's Peacock room? This room, an orientalist fantasy dressed up to the nines, is absolutely gorgeous, and I think if I could have any living space in the world to occupy for the rest of my life, I would choose this one if it were only possible. See the exhibition pictures here. It is like living in a perfume bottle. I love the way the gilding looks on the teal walls, and the built in golden shelving. I also love the fact that Whistler just totally ignored the owner's wishes and went all out decorating the room while he was away.

The question is, what perfume ought one to wear in such a room as this? My bet is Bois des Iles, or maybe Mitsouko, but I'd love to hear other opinions! It needs to be decadent, over-the-top, but oh so perfect....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

book and fragrance giveaway: Rebecca

A Perfume Riddle

Tauerama!: Tauer perfumes discovery set giveaway