Robert Piguet Baghari

File:Amber Bernstein many stones.jpgThis is an insane opening--the aldehydes hit you like a ton of bricks; this strikes me as a joke in a way, since it seems so out of character with the drydown, which is smooth, smooth, and ever so delicate. This is not the kind of fragrance I personally prefer to wear, but I can certainly appreciate the artistry of what is clearly a perfection within the genre of complex white floral/powder/aldehydes. I sense a cinnamon/jasmine/amber-vanilla accord at the heart of Baghari, and I think it must be the cinnamon that keeps this interesting, adding complexity to what could have been a rather banal (dare I say that?) aldehydic amber.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

book and fragrance giveaway: Rebecca

A Perfume Riddle

Tauerama!: Tauer perfumes discovery set giveaway