Another Perfume Riddle

Oedipus_And_The_Sphinx_-_Project_Gutenberg_eText_14994 (1)

Welcome to the second installment of my new feature here on Hortus Conclusus, in which a perfume bottle sings a little riddle, and it’s up to you, dear readers, to guess which bottle of perfume is riddling. Which of you will be the first to guess this one, I wonder? This poem is an emulation of Dr. Seuss’s genius rhyme about the Flooboober Babboober bubs in On Beyond Zebra, one of the first poems I memorized as a child:

If sometimes you don’t feel like channeling mother,

put me on, for I smell like blubbery rubber.

I’m no good to eat and I’m kind of a Goth,

(If one says that with color that repels the moth)

Although I am housed with luxury baubles,

I’d prefer an alley where the streetwalker wobbles.

I’m green and I’m amber as well as a powder,

but my signature note sings considerably louder.

If you know who I am, then tell me my name

though my brothers and sisters sound somewhat the same,

I am quite unique; unlike them, I’m no hack.

My name, my dear friends, is ____________!

 

CREDITS: Image of Oedipus and the Sphinx from courtesy of Project Gutenberg

Comments

  1. Bvlgari Black?

    If it is I just couldn't get into this one I'm afraid, although I don't feel like a too much of a perfumista failure cause I adore Bandit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I feel weird being the first one to say it, I should've waited longer..
    Good job LBV, make these harder soon- that is assuming I got it right? hah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I concur with Tamara. The blubbery rubber is the tip-off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. good guesses! Right on both counts! I will try to make it harder next time...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep them coming! These riddles are challenging, fun, and poetic-- each one a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greetings from South Africa,

    Great riddle....Life is Good..All the best.

    "Tavarua"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Olenska! And Tavarua, hope S. Africa is trating you well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My guess was Bulgari Black too , great riddle .
    Don't make them too hard...LOL !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Carol, don't make them too hard, just keep them fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. will do! this is good, since I've already written several easy ones...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

what thinkest thou?

Popular posts from this blog

book and fragrance giveaway: Rebecca

A Perfume Riddle

Tauerama!: Tauer perfumes discovery set giveaway