TOTD: Mitsouko Mayhem

From an email sent to me from my perfume pen pal, Tamara:

File:Hupin, Jacques - -A still life of peaches, grapes and pomegranates in a pewter bowl, an ornate ormolu plate and ewers, all resting on a table draped with a carpet - 17th century .jpgOk...so I gotta tell yah what happened to me today! I got a generous sample from a new PPP [perfume pen pal] of mine- God bless her!

In these samples is thee infamous Mitsy edp!

And whoa bebe, I'm excited to try her on for size.

I've read so many threads on her and reviews galore.
I am ready to dive into her legend that is alive and well in  Perfumistaland.

I'm puttin' on my 'big girl panties' for this one!

I get her on me.

And..

It's Mitsouko Mayhem to my nose.

I recognize the smell of too many a lady in a too small office, so much peachy spicy Mitsouko love these women had!

Where is that love now- on me?  She is murdering me, assaulting me with her delicious death moan. I do my best to fend her off- "Be nice Mitsy, love ME Mitsy!" I try to scream at her but she attacks my open mouth , I shut it and quit huffing her. But to no avail- she clobbers me  nearly to death with a wicked smile on her classic face, "I am not for youuuu dahhhling, I am only for them."

I stumble away to scrub her off and bemoan my sorry state of affairs.

Many a lady has loved her but I will not be one of them.

I think the feeling is mutual.

Love ~Tamara

CREDITS:

Hupin, Jacques - -A still life of peaches, grapes and pomegranates in a pewter bowl, an ornate ormolu plate and ewers, all resting on a table draped with a carpet - 17th century, courtesy of  artnet.de

and secretaries in the Pentagon, courtesy of the early office musem

Comments

  1. I still feel cheated that I cannot smell the beauty.
    Mitsy is such a mean girl!
    Why oh why can't we be friends Mitsy?

    Ohhhh.
    :( *tear*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tamara,

    I would voice more condolences, but, as those who have been around to hear my previous confessions know...Mitsy, she is not nice to me. She screams "PEACH!!!" and pierces my nose with it. Only once, ONCE mind you, did the edp suggest something of pleasance.

    I would cry, but there is L'Heure Bleu. Which sends some people searching for sickness bags, so, there you go. ;)

    My Mitsouko still life would have to include a sharp silver knife.

    Don't worry; big girl panties come in other colors and styles, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ScentScelf thank goodness someone else feels my pain.

    I'm telling you, it was a scary encounter and quite frankly hurt my feelings.
    Mitsy and me just ain't gonna happan, she is the Queen Bee and showed me the door and told me not to let it hit my a** on the way out!

    OTOH L'HB is my love and calm before a snowstorm.

    I know ,after Mitsy ripped those I had to go scurrying off to find others. Aha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Tamara - You're so funny!
    Don't worry my dear, I think Mitsy is gorgeous and I love smelling it on others, but it's far from what I would choose to wear.
    BTW - I know you're tracking my decision making progress on the DelRae - still haven't made up my mind. Believe it or not, I'm doing side by side between Amoureuse and Guerlain's Mahora today. Sooo different - and so far Mahora is winning this...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning dear OperaFan!
    Oh honey believe me there was nothing funny about it. I was truly mortified that another classic was beyond my grasp. Mitsy IS gorgeous, in a aloof ice prom queen kind of way for all her fruity stewed warmth was a hot mess on my skin! ha.
    And yes girlie I am waiting to hear what you get- I think I'm going to fold and get Amoureuse BC for myself. I could never get through a entire FB of it but slathering on fragrant honeyed white florals all winter long is more my cuppa.
    I want Bois de Paradais BC too but haven't tried that one so I don't know if I should.


    Of course Guerlain is winning! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

what thinkest thou?

Popular posts from this blog

book and fragrance giveaway: Rebecca

A Perfume Riddle

Tauerama!: Tauer perfumes discovery set giveaway