Jameel: scented djinn fantasy

File:James Tissot - Holyday.jpgJameel is ready to go on a postprandial stroll, so he calls ringingly out to his friends with a fresh green citrus shout! Once they have all convened, he opens the hike through the southern Mediterranean citrus groves with a brace of bitter petitgrain or neroli,  but then, just as quickly, he kicks up some dust, then squats down in the middle of the dirt path. He Isn’t going anywhere till he gets his lemonade. And a brandy and a cigar. For he is a well-travelled and coddled sophisticate, this Jameel, even if he is a bit indolent.

Credits:

James Tissot, the holiday, courtesy of Wikipedia Commons

Comments

  1. Nice! Short and to the point. :)

    Btw, is everything all right with your email? I don't seem to be getting any replies from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LBV, is Jameel a perfume line?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! This is very greatful and informatic helpful Can I quote a post in your blog with the

    link to you? i want to book mark it
    India Travel Tour Guide,Luxury Beach

    Travelling To India,India Golden Triangle Tourism


    Royal Heritage Tours

    of Rajasthan, Rajasthan Forts Palace Tour


    Thanks
    INDIATOURISM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Ines! I am sorry! I need to get a different email up! That one doesn't work very well! I apologize--I'll find those emails and get back to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michael, the scented djinn is a niche natural perfume line--if you've run across the blog "oh true apothecary"--that's written by the perfumer, Justine, who is a pretty cool person, it seems....

    ReplyDelete
  6. indiatraveltours,
    sure! Why not? Thanks for checking it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. La Bonne Vivante! I love how you've characterized Jameel! He is kind of like that, isn't he?

    Thank you so much for the poetic review :)

    j

    ReplyDelete
  8. LBV, fun review! You have the gift of saying a lot in just a few words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun review, thanks! I love the image too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, all! I was a bit worried about this one--it's a bit abstract, but that's what I saw, and I try to be true to my impressions....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

what thinkest thou?

Popular posts from this blog

book and fragrance giveaway: Rebecca

A Perfume Riddle

Tauerama!: Tauer perfumes discovery set giveaway