the question is: what would Emeraude look like?

MARGARITA Check out this amazing series of pictures of different kinds of alcohol under the microscope. (There are lots more at the linked webvodkasite.)

What blows my mind is how much the images seem to express, in an abstract  way, each drink’s ‘personality.’ Each image really captures the spirit of the thing (sorry, couldn’t resist).

I wonder what a similar series of pictures of iconic perfumes would look like….. Food for thought, anyway.

TEQUILA

Credits:

Images of Margarita,  vodka, and tequila under microscope found at amusingplanet.com

Comments

  1. I've mentioned this blog a few times over in my scribble place, but am giving you the link in case you've never been there.

    http://www.inspire-blog.com/

    The whole project is visual artists rendering their conception of a given perfume. Also, I do believe it was Maria over at Bittergrace Notes who once ran just such a project in a class that she taught, then shared the results on her blog. (The applicable tag is "scent made visible"):

    http://bittergracenotes.blogspot.com/search/label/Scent%20made%20visible

    I love this kind of stuff, as you can imagine. :) The images you have here kind of put me in the mind of fractals + chromatography...hey, what scents DO they put you in the mind of, if any?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love this! I have seen Maria's work at Bitter Grace notes, but I had not seen the inspire-blog stuff! Thanks for the great links.

    I see what you mean about the fractals. What fascinated me is that the images seemed to capture the soul of the drinks--it made me wonder at the way we sort of assign personalities to the things we consume--could that be a thing in itself, not just some human projection based on cultural biases, etc.

    Thanks, as always, for your stimulating conversation!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

what thinkest thou?

Popular posts from this blog

book and fragrance giveaway: Rebecca

A Perfume Riddle

Tauerama!: Tauer perfumes discovery set giveaway