Falling in love with Fracas

tuberose This week I spent five days in the city, and have been away from the blogosphere, but now I’m back to share all my news! The question is, what is the most exciting thing that happened to me fragrancewise? With my busy fragrance schedule (see my Birthday Pilgrimage) it’s hard to say, and I will surely be mulling over all my experiences online over the course of this week, but I think I must first come out with the most exciting news of all: I fell in love. And bought the bottle (thank God Bergdorf-Goodman was having a $25 off sale)  The lucky fragrance? Robert Piguet’s Fracas. I had never really understood what all the fuss over tuberose was about until I wore this. Yes, I’ve sniffed it before, and other insanely bold tuberoses like Tuberose Criminelle and Carnal Flower, but wearing 4 spritzes (overkill, I know!) of Fracas around Greenwich Village on this past Thursday night made me understand.

On me, Fracas smells like tuberose, yeast, and butter—and warm, unwashed sheets. And that makes me deliriously happy. My darling and I went to dinner at an absolutely fabulous Cuban restaurant, and as we wolfed down the light-as-air yucas fritas and the equally ethereal ceviche, the Fracas unfolded around me, making me feel like the back patio of the restaurant really was in Cuba, and that we were on an exotic vacation together, not just 4 hours from our home Upstate.  The yeastiness and the butteriness make Fracas seem almost fatty, like it could be eaten and enjoyed, which only adds to its deep sexiness, in my opinion. It also allows it to play very well with food, as my experience in the Cuban restaurant showed.FRACAS perfume

IN terms of longevity, Fracas hung on my skin and my silk scarf until the next morning, and again, the warm sexiness of the aroma made me want to lounge naked in bed for hours. It has been said before, by better writers than me: (see Grain de Musc, bois de jasmin, and Beth at Perfume-Smellin’ Things,) that Fracas smells like a woman’s warm skin after a night of love, and I couldn’t agree more.

Ever since I was a teenager, I have tried to purchase a fragrance as a souvenir of a meaningful trip; I find it helps me remember the experience as well as—or better than—snapshots, so it was clear I needed to get this gorgeous creation for myself as a reminder of that supremely sensual evening I spent in Cuba/Greenwich Village with my beloved.  

Comments

  1. I adore Fracas as well and I understand completely what you feel for her.
    She is Thee Ultimate.
    On me she casts off her orange blossom very strong but as she melds and sinks into my skin, I just bathe in the olfactory glow of her floral drama that surrounds my being.
    On a summer night , she swells and blooms in the heat,although I'm in Wa. I feel like I'm on a island somewhere exotic and far-away.
    But come winter she is like the ghost of my tropics that are now in reality ,crisp and frigid forests and there's nothing like huffing her in the lonely cold to remind me that my get- away exists as long as she's there.

    I'm so happy you found Fracas to always remind you of happiness.
    I also get a kick how you call your hubby your 'beloved'
    How sweet!

    xoxox ~ T

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

what thinkest thou?

Popular posts from this blog

book and fragrance giveaway: Rebecca

A Perfume Riddle

Tauerama!: Tauer perfumes discovery set giveaway