High Hopes for the new Burberry Sport Fragrances

My friend Jane, a born business executive (it's only a matter of time before she scales to the highest ranks of the company that is lucky enough to retain her for good) LOVES all things Burberry. She is singlemindedly dedicated to its aesthetic, and longs for the day she has the resources available to obtain all the Burberry goods she can possibly imagine. I hope she likes the new fragrance release, Sport, available in formulations for men and women.

I got a whiff of the masculine version, and was intrigued, although I have been burned by Burberry in the past; they nearly always seem to almost get there with their fragrances, but then take a wrong turn and end up with something unpalatable or banal. This one seems to explore the idea of ginger in intriguing ways. It reminds me--appropriately--of a bottle of liqueur that Jane and her husband Zach prefer, the niche-y, gingery Canton, produced by the same folks who brought us my favorite, St. Germain: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/29/fashion/29bazaar.html . They both spent three years in Japan and they are drawn to all things Japanese or southeast asian/fusion.

So this seems to blend the Brit with the Emipre, if you know what I mean, in a cool sort of way. I have yet to wear this and see how it really works on skin--then I might change my mind and be disappointed by Burberry's fragrance line as usual. But for now, I hold out the hope that this 'spport' fragrance will prove more gourmand than Adidas,a welcome break form the typical 'sport' atrocities.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

book and fragrance giveaway: Rebecca

A Perfume Riddle

Tauerama!: Tauer perfumes discovery set giveaway