Caron Parfum Sacre

Today is another grey day. It’s cold and brisk, and I sense rain looming. Might as well continue my run of woods and incenses. Today I am wearing Caron’s Parfum Sacre, a fragrance I find extremely linear and straightforward; it’s candied incense in a bottle. Not my favorite—I love incense, but I don’t like the way perfumers tend to smear a bunch of flowery sugar over the top of what should be a deep, dry, haunting smell.

That said, wearing Parfum Sacre is a joy, because it never goes away, and I get to smell it throughout the day because my nose never becomes immune to it. It certainly kept my spirits up when I had to give up the dreamy freedom of spring break and go back to teaching again today. Somehow, seeing the blanks faces of the rows of tired young college kids wasn’t as disheartening as usual, since something was with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

book and fragrance giveaway: Rebecca

A Perfume Riddle

Tauerama!: Tauer perfumes discovery set giveaway